We are coming up to a New Moon in Aquarius. In this post, I share how to make the most of this lunation, as well as a bespoke Aquarius New Moon Tarot Spread.
Pause, regroup and refocus your energy in the Dark Moon Days… then leap! Aquarian energy doesn’t hold back when it wants something. It sees the bigger picture and doesn’t sweat the small stuff. If you find yourself at a fork in the road and not sure which way to go next, this should become clear now.
Out with the Old, in with the New!
Aquarian energy can be highly individualistic, innovative, erratic, and even bizarre… but usually in a way that considers the Highest Good of All since this is the most humanitarian of the 12 Zodiac Signs. The corresponding Tarot card is XVII The Star. We need more of this energy now to help usher in the Aquarian Age. Aquarian energy helps us see how we are all connected and that what benefits one, benefits all.
“And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.” Mark 2:22
The Tarot spread below is one you can use for the New Moon in Aquarius any year. It helps you align with the Aquarian spirit and make the most of the unconventional and innovative energy of the Water Bearer. Pay extra special attention if The Star (Aquarius) or The Fool (Uranus, ruling Planet of Aquarius) shows up!
Aquarius New Moon Tarot Spread
- Unconventional/Innovative aspect of self that needs to be brought to the fore now
- How Spirit wants me to move forward in the world in a more authentic way once I embody this aspect, for the Highest Good of All
- Air – How the mind blocks me from using this aspect for the Highest Good of All
- Water – How this aspect can help improve my relationships
- Earth – How this aspect can help me become a better steward of my talents and resources
- Fire – How I can inspire others by fully owning this aspect
New Moon in Aquarius Sample Reading with the Morgan Greer Tarot
1. The Fool – Now all the Major Arcana cards I have been pulling lately make sense. I need to bring the most playful version of myself to the fore.
2. 9 of Wands – Spirit is guiding me to be mindful of how everything I learned so far lead me to where I am today so that I take the wisdom that served to keep me safe with me. The Fool can be a bit naïve and needs his safeguards! “Be innocent as doves and wise as serpents,” springs to mind.
3. Death – The mind of the separate self is tricking me to think that I’m stuck and that there is nothing on the other side of this New Moon. The mind can’t control the unknown and it wants to stay in control. It is not receptive to the new things that Spirit wants me to receive and innovate because it threatens its sense of being separate, set apart and unique. It doesn’t want to die.
4. It can help me find new ways of embodying the caring and practical Queen of Pentacles, the Capricorn Queen. In other words, it will help me to find new ways to step more fully into the costume of my Sun sign. Capricorns definitely work best with others in relationships when they stop taking themselves too seriously.
5. The Lovers show me that it can help me be more in the NOW which is a prerequisite for living from the heart. Future choices will be better informed because I am open to new input rather than locked into repeating old patterns.
6. The Page of Pentacles tells me that I can hopefully inspire people to look at life with curiousity about how we all fit together rather than focusing on what is in it for them.