I wandered lonely as a cloudThat floats on high o’er vales and hills,When all at once I saw a crowd,A host, of golden daffodils;Beside the lake, beneath the trees,Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
– William Wordsworth
Can you believe it’s officially spring?! The daffodil in the Tarot spread picture above is one I spotted when walking the dog about a week ago. I believe it was the first one of the season (for me at least) and it looked so joyful in the sun, almost as if it was posing and begging to be photographed. Luckily I had my smart phone with me!
Daffodils are associated with joy, creativity, optimism and good fortune in most cultures. I can only hope I was the first one to spot the blooming daff around here because according to Welsh folk-lore that means I’ll have ‘more gold than silver in the year ahead.’
The latin name for daffodil is ‘narcissus’ – possibly inspired by fact that they often grow close to bodies of water and that they seem to be gazing at themselves because their heads are turned toward their reflection.
For this Tarot spread, I want to focus on what is being born in your life right now, what inspires this birth (underlying factors, motivating urge) and how you can nurture it into existence, not just for yourself but for the world to enjoy it too.
The equinoxes are a time for balancing and re-calibration in Wheel of the Year, so I have also included two spread positions to help with that.
2. What inspires this new birth – My spiritual calling and my ambition to perfect my work (The High Priestess/The Moon)
3. How can I joyfully nurture this new creation – Be as ambitions as you like (The Devil/Capricorn)
4. How can I present it to the world – Haha! Very funny, Tarot genie! I get a ‘present’ card for presenting it to the world. Kind of self-explanatory, so yeah… Share what comes through in meditation for the Highest Good of All. (6 of Pentacles/Moon in Taurus)
5. What do I need to do less of for balance – Channel energy into past regrets (5 of Cups/Mars in Scorpio)
6. What do I need to do more of for balance – Allow myself to be still so that heart and mind can align fully before I move (2 of Swords/Moon in Libra)
Hmmm… There are a lot of Lunar and Venusian (Libra/Taurus) influences here… Well, I shall take the advice of the reading itself and meditate further on this!
Feel free to share your own reading in the comments below, and as always I’m happy to help with interpreting the odd card if you get stuck. Please not that the comments close after two weeks.
I’m sending Equinox blessings to all of you and Mabon Blessings to my friends down under!