We have a Leo Full Moon coming up on 25 January. As always, the Sun is in the opposite sign. The Sun enters Aquarius on the 20th (click the link for your FREE Aquarius Season Tarotscope!). This lunation takes place in the first decan of Aquarius and Leo. The corresponding Tarot cards for this decan are the 5 of Swords (Venus in Aquarius) and the 5 of Wands (Saturn in Leo).
Mars is out of bounds during this Full Moon and until 23 January. This can indicate a rise in conflict so it is important to centre ourselves in peace. Mostly, this lunation feels quite positive though. Mars may be out of bounds but it is exalted in Capricorn. The Moon and Sun form quite a tight square with benevolent Jupiter in Taurus during the time of the Full Moon. Squares can be harsh but not so much with Jupiter where it is more likely to act as a catalyst for breaking free from limitations.
5 Intentions to Set During the Leo Full Moon
- Cultivate bravery and allow your inner strength and courage to guide you through challenges, just as the warmth and brightness of the Leo Full Moon light my path. Leo energy is about living from the heart.
- Embrace your playful nature and infuse joy and creativity into your daily life, honouring my spirit’s need for laughter and celebration.
- Commit to authentic self-expression, allowing your true self to shine brightly, and confidently sharing my unique talents and passions with the world. Make that video. Change your social media profile to show your face instead of your cat.
- Practice generosity and warmth in your interactions, reflecting the noble heart of Leo by giving and receiving love freely and unconditionally. Allow yourself to be adored and adore others in turn. Everyone is loveable because everyone is made from love.
- Strengthen your leadership skills, channelling the bold and regal energy of Leo to inspire those around you and make a positive impact where it counts.
Spellcasting During the Full Moon
As for spellcasting during the Full Moon, you could choose an intention from the list above. Turn the intention into an opportunity to magically manifest something new or to release a block that’s keeping you from expressing yourself fully. Check out my new article titled ‘Full Moon Magick: A Time for Manifesting or Releasing?’ to decide which would work best for you.
The Leo Tarot Cards
The main card that carries Leo energy in the Major Arcana is Strength. Among the pip cards in the Minor Arcana, it is the 5-7 of Wands that correspond with Leo energy.
The court card that most corresponds with Leo, is in my opinion the Knight of Wands (3rd decan Cancer, first 2 decans Leo), though some would have the Queen of Wands as Leo. In the system I work with which I learned from the book The Tarot Decoded, Knights are fixed energy and Leo is Fixed Fire. The Queens are Cardinal (energy that instigates) and the Kings are Mutable (seeding the next cycle).
The Fixed nature of the Knights can be seen in their single-minded pursuit of the quest they are on and in the case of the Knight of Wands, it is the quest for fun, adventure, and lovers (yes, plural). His shadow is a tendency to be an egomaniac and to look at his conquests with little to no compassion – their principal value coming from adding another notch to the bedpost.
A Leo Cards-based Spread
The Tarot spread I created for the Leo Full Moon is based on the Tarot cards that correspond with Leo. The Major Arcana card position and bridging card show you the spiritual lesson around generously loving others.
The Full Moon is an excellent time to align with the Zodiac energy of the current lunation because a Full Moon boosts psychic/soul energy and makes us more receptive to celestial influences and energies. This allows us to work with the energy in one of two ways:
- For a Tarot reading, we reflect on the energy. The benefit of working with energy this way is that it helps us learn about ourselves and our spiritual journey.
- For magic(k), we work with the energy in an active way. We focus and direct the Leo energy into whatever working we feel guided to do.
Leo Full Moon Tarot Spread
1. My joie de vivre and sense of adventure (Based on the qualities of Knight of Wands)
2. How my quest for fun and adventure ties in with my ability to live from the heart for the Highest Good (bridging energy of the Knight of Wands with Strength)
3. How to open my heart to deeper levels of compassion (Based on the qualities of the Strength card)
4. Where/how I compare myself to others trips me up (Based on the energy of the 5 of Wands)
5. Where/how my pride trips me up (Based on the energy of the 6 of Wands)
6. In what context I need to stand my ground (Based on the energy of 7 of Wands)
7. What following the guidance in this spread might lead to next (the outcome/next step)
Check out this massive library with 300+ FREE Tarot Spreads for personal & spiritual development!