Mannaz is the rune of embodied consciousness – Basically, the shape of the rune is a stylised lemniscate (infinity symbol) on two legs. The lemniscate is symbolic of consciousness that transcends and survives our physical existence. In the Tarot, this symbol is traditionally found in The Magician and Strength cards.
The lemniscate is also hidden in plain sight in the Dagaz rune – Rune of Enlightenment. In our brains, the lemniscate symbolises the pathways that connect and harmonise our left and right brain hemispheres. When they are flowing together, we can access higher consciousness and inner knowing with ease.
We can contemplate the unity between our nature as both ‘dust’ and eternal spirit with this rune…
The Anglo-Saxon rune poem for Mannaz:
The joyous man is dear to his kinsmen; yet every man is doomed to fail his fellow,since the Lord by his decree will commit the vile carrion to the earth.
Learn more about holistic rune meanings and correspondences for Mannaz HERE.
Mannaz Embodied Consciousness Tarot Spread
- How the infinite force of creation wishes to express itself through me – Either draw from a separate Majors only Tarot deck or separate the Majors out from a full deck, to answer this question. Shuffle the Majors back in before you pull the following seven cards.
- How the dust of my body is responding
- What Spirit wants me to know about the Path I am on
- How to generate more joy in this body in a way that pleases the Divine
- Do more of this to achieve union and a fully embodied consciousness
- Do less of this to fully embody divine consciousness
- What I need to know about the union between body and spirit
- What I need to know about the union between heart and mind
Mannaz Embodied Consciousness Tarot Spread – Sample Reading
- How the infinite force of creation wishes to express itself through me – The Hermit. As a student and teacher of spiritual wisdom.
- How the dust of my body is responding – 10 of Wands. Trying to do too much in my own strength instead of surrendering and relying on the Divine.
- What Spirit wants me to know about the Path I am on – Queen of Swords. It’s a path of intellectual pursuits and endeavours. I nurture people with my words, in writing. This reminds me of the post I wrote about embodying the Divine Feminine through the Queen of Swords.
- How to generate more joy in this body in a way that pleases the Divine – 3 of Cups. It’s OK to have a social life too! Better balance is needed. Less work and more play!
- Do more of this to achieve union and a fully embodied consciousness – 5 of Swords. Walk away from all the argy-bargy, whether it manifests in outer circumstances or inside my own mind.
- Do less of this to fully embody divine consciousness – The Tower. Be less of a drama queen; Do less catastrophising.
- What I need to know about the union between body and spirit – Death. No kidding! There will be separation when my lifespan is up and I do well to meditate on this.
- What I need to know about the union between heart and mind. The Moon – Clear any lingering fear that prevent me from seeing through the eyes of the heart.
Feel free to share your Mannaz Embodied Consciousness Tarot reading in the comments below or in the Tarot Geekery group on FB!